Did you study abroad?
Have you worked abroad or lived somewhere outside of the US for an extended period of time?
AND… can you write?
The Abroad Guide is looking for contributors for the spring semester! Writing for us is a great way to enhance your writing portfolio and resume and to build your social media network. We’re seeking writers who have great advice for study abroad-ers and travelers and who can turn that advice into a blog post that is fun and informative.
This is an unpaid position, but we’ll promote you, your blog, and your social media accounts, and will help you out in any other way that we can. Contributors will write 2 blog posts per month (or more if you’d like) beginning January 2014.
We’re looking for writers who can:
• Create detailed guides on popular travel destinations for study abroad students (we especially need posts about Australia, Asia, and South America)
• Come up with creative blog posts that our readers will want to read
• Write in a casual, fun tone of voice while still providing useful information
• Provide quality content in a timely manner
Sound like something you want to get involved in?
To apply, send us the following information:
1. A bit about yourself– what school do you go to? Where did you study abroad? Add anything else we should know about you.
2. Links to your writing samples. This can include your personal blog, but we’re especially looking for any guest posting or contributions you’ve made to other sites.
3. Links to any of your public social media accounts – Twitter, your blog’s Facebook page, Google +, etc.
4. Four blog post titles that you’d be interested in writing. We like creativity!
All applications should be sent to info (at) the abroad guide (dot) com with the title by January 1st, 2013.
We can’t wait to hear from you! If you have any questions about the application process, let us know in the comments of this post.